Now that Christmas is over and the New Year has been rung in, I was sitting here quietly enjoying my coffee and thinking. I do that sometimes . . . just sit and think. I started thinking about things I was glad for.
There are lots of things I am glad for in my life, but I got to thinking about gladness in the Lord. I have compiled a short list and am hoping you might add to it.
Aren’t you glad . . .
- The Holy Spirit indwells us permanently?
- We have the written Word of God?
- The Lord hasn’t given up on you?
- Jesus was born of a virgin?
- Miracles still happen?
- Joy doesn’t depend on circumstances?
- That we don’t have to live here for eternity?
- Your parents didn’t believe in abortion?
- Jesus died on the cross?
- That we continue to grow in Christ? (Or at least we should.)
- Salvation isn’t dependent on us?
- Jesus conquered death?
- Jesus never fails?
- Jesus is the Messiah? Savior? Redeemer? Defender? Strong tower?