I had an earlier post about reasons one might look for another church. I think there are a lot of reasons people come up with and think they should leave a local assembly, but are not actually viable reasons to bolt from an assembly. The church is a family, the family of God. Families sometimes go through rough times, but they’re still a family. Families work through difficulties.
While there may be many reasons someone may move on from a church, there are reasons to stay too. In no particular order:
- The church is intentionally engaged in discipleship.
- Personal accountability is demonstrated by leadership.
- Church leadership is transparent.
- The pastor preaches expositionally and actually uses the Bible.
- The church is intentionally engaged in outreach.
- The church has clearly delineated expectations from members.
- Church members are growing in their relationship with Christ (related to #1, 4, and 9).
- Church members are actively engaged in connecting to one another.
- The church is doctrinally solid.
- The pastor is an avid LOST fan.
Stay tuned for the top 10 LAME reasons to leave a church.