I have identified a new ailment. It looks like IDGAR Syndrome affects most people at some point in time. It is rare to find it in children under two. The most common age of onset is 10-11 and is particularly prevalent in teenagers and widespread among people ages 20-30, but doesn’t affect everyone. Most people don’t even know they have it, but most folks around them do. It can be contagious. If left untreated, IDGAR is fatal.
The following is a list of common symptoms of IDGAR Syndrome:
- An inability to return phone calls and text messages from bonafide friends.
- Hearing loss when told the truth.
- Extreme discomfort when presented with biblical guidance.
- Defensiveness over one’s particular actions.
- An uncanny ability to remember minute details of other’s failings.
- Uneasiness or anxiety when in the presence of Christ followers.
- Doubt of the love others have for you.
- In some cases, unfriending on Facebook or blocking on Twitter results.
You won’t find this syndrome in any medical journal. So by now you’re thinking, what the heck is it? IDGAR is I Don’t Give a Rip. Perhaps you know someone that suffers from IDGAR. I often deal with the dreadful aftermath that results from this ailment. The immediate consequences of IDGAR most often affect others. In some instances, the results are immediately seen, while in others there is no visible sign of the problem which may lead to the faulty conclusion that what one does is of no concern to anyone else. Some people just don’t care what you or anybody else thinks, no matter how true, right, and correct it is.
The good news is a cure has been found. Stay tuned for details